Residential Advisor - FT
Reset is looking for an outstanding Residential Advisor (RA) to continue to grow this transformative venture. The RA team should expect to have a dramatic impact on the lives of the young adults we work with, and on the system more generally—serving as a proof point to the country that an alternative approach to incarceration is both possible and effective. The RA team will be an integral part of Reset’s Student Life and Wellness framework – a relationship-based residential program that supports students’ social and emotional growth and wellbeing, and fosters the practice of positive, healthy, productive living through:
- Community: We seek to create a safe and trusting campus environment where students feel individually cared for, enjoy a strong sense of community, and build meaningful relationships.
- Character: We strive to help students develop the emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills needed to fulfill personal, professional, and community living. These include confidence and self-advocacy; communication and mindfulness; integrity and compassion; discipline and responsibility; and leadership and teamwork skills.
- Enrichment: Reset strives to develop and support the whole person, and help each individual student connect to his own unique identity and potential. We cultivate growth and wellbeing through academic, professional, and social emotional learning and support, creative arts, mindfulness practices, athletics, and other culturally rich and interpersonally connected programming and activities.
The RA team reports to and works closely with the Program Director, and collaborates regularly with educational, career, counseling, and safety staff to ensure that individual student and community needs are being met. The RA team is responsible for supporting and supervising students in the mornings, evenings, and weekends at the campus residence, and for coordinating and implementing programming during those hours. The RA team is also responsible for the ongoing management of residential operations, including facility maintenance, food service, and transportation etc. Reset’s RA team spends the night at the residence for the shifts that they work, and will be provided with a private, dedicated space for those evenings.
- Collaborate with safety personnel and campus staff to provide supervision for up to 15 young men
- Communicate and consistently uphold community expectations, policies, and procedures to support Reset’s safe and positive living environment
- Manage residential operations, including but not limited to transportation, food services, general inventory, clean up and laundry
- Work with staff, students, and external contractors to ensure that the campus is safe, clean, and attractive
- Collaborate with RA team on the maintenance of all utilities
- Lead emergency procedures (fire, earthquake, escape, etc.)
- Build strong, supportive relationships with students
- Provide mentoring and advising to assist students with personal and interpersonal development, academic planning, and goal setting, and to ensure students are tracking towards key goals
- Collaborate with staff to support student growth, wellbeing, and achievement
Program & Community Building:
- Support the coordination and implementation of morning, evening, and weekend programming and activities
- Cultivate a safe, supportive, and connected student community that honors both individuality and unity
Strong, competent LEADER
- Can effectively manage and lead groups of individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Strong, effective communicator
- Organized, responsible, and attentive to detail
- Adept at operational and facilities management
- Proactive, confident, and calm in response to emergencies and problems
Supportive, connected MENTOR
- Adept at building and sustaining relationships
- Ability to effectively communicate, connect with, and motivate students
- Demonstrates desire to serve as a strong role model
- Demonstrates strong understanding of young adult development and behavior, with emphasis on underserved, transition age youth
- Willingness to engage restorative practices in the de-escalation and resolution of conflict
Forward-thinking, proactive TEAM PLAYER
- Thrives in a collaborative environment; works closely with other campus staff to create a strong residential program
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility, and willingness to try new approaches; continuously looks for innovative ideas
- “All-hands-on-deck” approach to work; willing to step in and perform various tasks as needed
- Strong communicator
- Energized by challenge, complexity, and change
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required; 2-3 years work experience preferred
- Experience working with underserved, transition age youth preferred
Salary for this position is competitive and based upon experience. A full and comprehensive benefits package is included.